• Return to Threetowners Home Page
  • Tidy up work started at Stevenston Slip

Discuss local current affairs and news here
    Forum rules
    This is a discussion forum. Please don't simply supply links to stories - we want your opinion. Read our board's rules before posting.

Tidy up work started at Stevenston Slip

Postby GEODGC » Fri May 04, 2012 11:42 am

I see there is a team of workers tidying up the area around Stevenston Slip this morning. It`s amazing what a wee letter in the A&S Herald can achieve from a concerned local. I think they are just doing the actual slip area but i`d like to see them clean up the entire area. The area right round to the Irvine Barr beach and around the sewage works and Anaplast is an absolute eyesore with every single item you can care to mention dumped and left to rot. :cry: I might be cynical but i doubt if North Ayrshire Council would allow any of the areas around Saltcoats or Ardrossan to get into this state. I`ve actually reported the area in the past and been told by NAC that the land doesn`t belong to them. :? These jobs are perfect for all these community service workers/offenders to give something back to the local area. Along with cutting doing pensioners gardens etc.
    GEODGC
    Frequent Poster
    Frequent Poster

Re: Tidy up work started at Stevenston Slip

Postby little plum » Wed May 23, 2012 10:16 pm

GEO, went up that way yesterday, what a mess. The good weather has obviously attracted picnickers to the point, I just wish they would take their rubbish away with them. :twisted:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fly fishing is the most fun you can have standing up - Arnold Gingrich.
    little plum
    Mega Heid Poster
    Mega Heid Poster

Return to Local Current Affairs